[1+1=2]

OneAndOneIs2

« Git to fogbugz with perlBegin with a single step »

Mon, Mar 26, 2012

[Icon][Icon]Dark

• Post categories: Omni, Rant, My Life

Having struggled through January and February, I'd been enjoying the advent of spring meaning that at long last, it was light again when my alarm went off in the morning.

And then, yesterday, the clocks went forward.

And so today, my alarm goes off and it's bloody dark again. And I've had a lousy night's sleep, having gone to bed at what my body considered the wrong time. And so it's dark and I'm tired and grumpy and why the hell do we let the idiots running this country keep screwing us over by buggering up all our clocks twice every year?

Nobody, not one single person I've ever met, likes daylight savings. The entire concept is universally hated. Nobody supports it, nobody can give one single convincing reason for it. The only reason it's still around is that some companies make more money that way. And that just isn't a good enough reason to piss off the whole country.

DST is an anachronism that belongs in the same place as burning witches and feeding christians to lions.

Although I reckon if you tried to implement "feeding politicians to lions" you'd get an awful lot of signatures in support.

Morons.

6 comments

sokuban
Comment from: sokuban [Member] Email
I'm in China now, no daylight savings time here, life is pretty good.

(I don't totally agree with China on timekeeping though; it would sorta suck to live in the west.)
26/03/12 @ 14:33
pdh
Comment from: pdh [Visitor]
I've heard that daylight saving reduces traffic accidents and reduces crime. Not sure of the figures behind that - will try and find out.
26/03/12 @ 15:58
oneandoneis2
Comment from: oneandoneis2 [Member] · http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org/
So did the Green Cross Code man :P
26/03/12 @ 16:14
Hari
Comment from: Hari [Member] · http://harishankar.org/blog/
Instead of bloody resetting the clocks for the whole damn country why don't you fools (no personal insult intended) just reschedule certain specific events to make it more convenient in order to save time. Surely that would reduce a great deal of confusion.

Luckily in the part of world where I live, that DST madness is unheard of.
27/03/12 @ 11:43
Hari
Comment from: Hari [Member] · http://harishankar.org/blog/
I might add, this DST nonsense is extremely confusing for foriegners like me who want to know what time it is in your country at different times of the year.
27/03/12 @ 11:44
oneandoneis2
Comment from: oneandoneis2 [Member] · http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org/
Interestingly enough, one proposed change to DST (adding another hour to it) is mostly justified by the claim that it'll encourage tourism. Be amusing if it annoyed so many foreigners by making it hard to work out time differences that it discouraged it instead :)
27/03/12 @ 14:12